[Sca-cooks] Coronation weather issues, was: Lenten cookbook

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 2 19:40:55 PST 2005

kingstaste at mindspring.com wrote:

>We got 'cher bad weather here, snow, sleet, pouring rain, wind gusts to 30
>MPH, and sunshine in alternating bursts.  Ah, spring in Meridies, it was a
>lovely Coronation.  Actually, the end of our outgoing Crowns last Court was
>great, instead of our usual regicide, His Maj popped the question to Her Maj
>as his last act, presenting her with a lovely ring.  (She said yes).  His
>final words were "No bucket of gore could possibly out-do this, so we're
>going to hand over our Crowns to the Great Officers and walk out" and they
>did.  It was lovely.
>(A note to the rest of the Known World - yes, we regularly have some sort of
>theatrical ending to our Reigns, death, going off on Crusades or a
>Monastery, taken off by fairies, etc.)
>Christianna

Yeah, ours was pretty foul as well...we were under a flood watch, got
over 2" of rain, not to mention thunder, lightening and hail.
Fortunately I got home before the really destructive stuff hit.  As it
was, I wasn't at all sure I'd be able to get my car out of its parking
place.  One fool decided to donuts in one of the areas that was
particularly muddy...a car that was in his path was so completely
covered with mud that you couldn't see it at all.

I met the lady from Aethelmarc who is working on the Cooks' and Bards'
Symposium...she told me that she is continuing to work on the idea for a
Symposium and that she and Dame Hauviette may work together to put one on.

Countess Alys, you'd be interested to know that Valhalric was one of the
cooks for the feast...I didn't stay for the feast as I needed to get
home to see Phillip who was returning from a week in California...but it
really looked wonderful.  I helped work on a couple of dishes and had a
great time talking with him.

Kiri