[Sca-cooks] Coronation Laurels

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 3 21:16:44 PDT 2005

Cealian Of Moray commented:
> I know not Mistress Brighid but send along a  cheer. But I have met
> Mistress Jadwiga and deserving she be  no doubt congratulations.

Well, perhaps these articles in the Florilegium might give you an idea
of some of the work which these two gentles have been doing over the
years:

Articles by Mistress Brighid:
Guisados1-art    (220K)  5/28/01    A translation of Ruperto de Nola's
                                        1529 "Libre del Coch", part 1 of
2
                                        by Lady Brighid ni Chiarain.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS/Guisados1-art.html
Guisados2-art    (116K)  5/28/01    "Libre del Coch". part 2 of 2.
                                        Lenten recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS/Guisados2-art.html
16C-Tomato-art    (16K)  9/ 5/02    "Sixteenth Century Italian and
Spanish
                                        Tomato References" by Johnnae
llyn Lewis,
                                        Helewyse de Birkestad, and
Brighid ni
                                        Chiarain.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/16C-Tomato-art.html

Articles by Mistress Jadwiga:
Daybrd-Advent-art (16K)  8/ 5/02    "Dayboard Adventures" by Jadwiga
Zajaczkowa.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/Daybrd-Advent-art.html
Handwashing-art   (22K)  2/24/02    "Scented Handwaters For Feasts and
                                        Dayboards" by Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/Handwashing-art.html
Mustard-Making-art (36K) 12/ 7/03    "Making Medieval-Style Mustards"
by Pani
                                        Jadwiga Zajaczkowa.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-CONDIMENTS/Mustard-Making-art.html
Libry-Research-art (44K) 12/ 3/03    "Historical Research in the Modern
Library"
                                        by Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/INFO-SOURCES/Libry-Research-art.html
p-dental-care-art (32K)  9/ 5/03    Various period dental hygiene and
mouthwash
                                        products by Jadwiga Zajaczkowa.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAL/p-dental-care-art.html
hemp-nettle-art   (17K)  2/26/05    "Two Food/Fiber/Medical plants in
use in
                                       Eastern Europe" by Jadwiga
Zajaczkowa.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/hemp--nettle-art.html
Herbs-Sm-Grdn-art (32K) 10/10/01    "Medieval Herbs for the Very Small
Garden"
                                        by Jadwiga Zajaczkowa.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/Herbs-Sm-Grdn-art.html

I also have one or two additional articles from Jadwiga to be added to
the Florilegium when I figure out some technical details and find the
time.

Plugging their names into the search engine on the top page of the
Florilegium will show that they have been important contributors to
various discussions on this list and elsewhere.

Congratulations to my two friends on two well deserved Peerages.

Stefan
PS: Please feel free to forward this message to any one or any list who
might not know or might question why these two deserve these awards.
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com