[Sca-cooks] Cubebs

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Apr 5 07:10:17 PDT 2005

A friend of mine includes cubeb in her hippocras powder, and as a spice
in her millet soup.
I've used it in a variety of dishes, like pepper sauces ;o), and in a
spice blend called "ras el hanout," which has black pepper, white
pepper, true cinnamon, cassia, ginger, galingale, grains, cubeb,
coriander, saffron, nutmeg, mace, long pepper and a few others in it.
Wonderful as a rub for meat, or as a "surprise" substitute for cinnamon
when making cinnamon rolls.
--maire