[Sca-cooks] Re: Spain and Dance

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 21:41:36 PDT 2005

At one time (granted a long time ago, try probably 20 years), contemporary bellydancing was showing a few Spanish influences, even with a bit of stamping and flamenco-like turns.  IMS, there was music by  Jalladine Takesh with a Spanish influence and the group Sirocco did a bit with Afghan influence that could have been confusing to some.

Perhaps this is where our confusion here is coming from...  Or it could be I am confused.  It has been a really long time.

Samrah

wildecelery at aol.com wrote:

[severely snipped]
Middle-Eastern influenced flamenco? The flamenco
is a modern decendent of the Renaissance dance
called the Canario. I know of no Middle-Eastern
dances that are stamping related. Perhaps you
could tell me where you found this information?