[Sca-cooks] A salad question- OOP

iasmin at comcast.net iasmin at comcast.net
Mon Apr 11 10:32:16 PDT 2005

Phlip wrote:

> Anybody have any suggestions for
> a vinegar that might provide the richness and sweetness of flavor of the
> balsamic, while still allowing the brightness of color from less dark
> vinegars to shine through?

Actually, all 3-4 of the local grocery stores that I frequent sell a white version of balsamic vinegar now. It's typically labeled just that: White Balsamic Vinegar. Now, I can't claim to have tried it personally, so take the suggestion for what it's worth. Maybe one of our cooking cousins on SCA Cooks has tried it and can let us know how it comparies to the richness and sweetness in the Moderno version. :)

Iasmin