[Sca-cooks] A salad question- OOP

smcclune at earthlink.net smcclune at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 12 08:56:21 PDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: "Phlip" <phlip at 99main.com>

Anybody have any suggestions for
a vinegar that might provide the richness and sweetness of flavor of the
balsamic, while still allowing the brightness of color from less dark
vinegars to shine through?
<<<

I apologize if this has already been mentioned -- I'm just returning to my e-mail following a longer-than-expected weekend (got snowed in on the way home from our kingdom A&S championship).

One of my local grocery store chains sells Golden Balsamic vinegar.  I'm blanking on the brand name, but the bottle is spherical on the bottom, with a relatively long neck.  It's not a fancy designer brand or anything, and sells for a couple of dollars a bottle in these parts.  Very tasty, and I bet it would be wonderful in cucumber salad.

I'll try to remember to look up the brand name when I get home.  It may be that you could persuade your local market to stock it for you.

Arwen
Caerthe, Outlands
(Denver, CO)