[Sca-cooks] Pork Fruitcake - Is This a Joke?

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 14:34:37 PDT 2005

--- Tara Sersen Boroson <tara at kolaviv.com> wrote:
> I don't know about that... the total volume of substance in these loaves
> will be significant and the loaves will be very dense.  The pork in the
> very center may or may not end up cooked sufficiently.  Yes, it's only 6
> oz. of pork per loaf.  But, if four of those ounces are in a portion of
> the loaf that doesn't reach a safe temperature, you've got trouble.

Pouring the boiling coffee over the pork will blanch it, and begin the cooking porcess.  Baking
the loaves for 2 hours at 275 will be fine.  The lower heat over a longer period of time will
allow the heat to radiate into the center of the loaf and cook the pork, without burning the
outside.  Heck, even if you were roasting a whole pork shoulder at 275, it would be done in 2
hours.

William de Grandfort

Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.