[Sca-cooks] Rotten meat and spices...

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Apr 12 07:07:10 PDT 2005

As I recall, the town regulations of Ipswich(?) permitted rotten meat to be
sold as that before the public stocks.  Selling bad meat as good got you in
the stocks.

http://the-orb.net/encyclop/culture/towns/ipswich6.html  (found the URL)

You might also try:

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/1237butchers-tuln.html