[Sca-cooks] Rotten meat and spices...

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 12:16:43 PDT 2005

--- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at jeffnet.org> wrote:

> If you are
> so poor as to be forced to eat rotting meat
> (and no, I don't buy that-
> people that poor seldom had meat in their
> diets) you aren't going to spend
> what little you have on spices.
>
> 'Lainie

I don't buy that either, but on the other hand,
I don't entirely buy the "the poor seldom had
meat" way of thinking either.  Yes, probably the
poor in the cities seldom had meat, but the poor
in the country had as much meat as they could
catch.  Depending on what they were hunting or
fishing, some animals, like rabbits, were legal
for commoners to hunt, and others, like deer
or boar, were restricted.  But, then they
may still have hunted them otherwise why is
were there laws against poaching?

Huette

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for
they shall never cease to be amused.