Poaching- was Re: [Sca-cooks] Rotten meat and spices...

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Apr 12 18:49:47 PDT 2005

At 06:09 PM 4/12/2005, you wrote:

>Poaching and hunting for food is more common than you may think in this day
>and age- common enough, in some areas, that the cops don't make any
>particular effort to find out about it, although they won't turn their backs
>when someone is particularly stupid or greedy.

Hmm. It may be that enforcement is different in different regions. My
ex-husband gets stopped by Fish & Game about every year, just checking
licenses. And I personally had the wits scared out of me twice by a ranger,
while I was out camping/picknicking. They're sneaky and they have ~0~ sense
of humor.

'Lainie