[Sca-cooks] Anti-bacterial properties of mustard!

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 16:23:07 PDT 2005

--- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise <jenne at fiedlerfamily.net> wrote:
> Is this like 'antibacterial soap' when soap already kills germs?

Not all soaps have antibacterial qualities.  Many are simply surfactants (surface active agents)
which loosen dirt/grease/etc, and are not potent enough to kill the bacteria which remain.
Antibacterial soaps have an additional ingredient which eliminates a larger percentage of harmful
bacteria, when used properly.

WdG

Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.