[Sca-cooks] medieval forestry

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Apr 13 21:43:40 PDT 2005

Rain shadow? I'm slow enough tonight that I'm not catching your meaning,
unless you're asking if we're currently getting the same rain that's
wetting on you, in which case, the answer would be "yes."
Somehow, though, what your question provoked was a looped tape in my
brain of Cat Stevens singing: "I'm being followed by a moon shadow, moon
shadow, moon shadow....Leaping and hopping...."
--maire, who always did like that song...
P.S. I actually have obligatory food content! My neighbor on the corner
was taking advantage of a break in the clouds yesterday to mow his lawn,
and I stopped to talk and be neighborly.  I've been eye-balling his
grape vines for two years now (he has them growing all over and through
the chain-link fence around his yard).  He said I could help myself to
grapes.  Hallelujah, I have a source for grapes to make verjuice! Now if
I can only find out how relatively ripe/unripe they should actually be. ;-D