[Sca-cooks] Rotten meat and spices... (a few excerpts from Apicius)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Apr 13 22:19:43 PDT 2005

> I am sure that Amy Sullivan is good in her field.  However, I do question her use of such an
> old book, when there are many newer books out on the subject with more current data available.
> Could it be that the newer books didn't agree with her theories, so she rejected them for an
> older book that did agree with her theories?  I have no idea.

It's in a peer reviewed journal. That means that people other than the
author had some control over what was in the article. Without tracking
down this person, I can't tell if she's a tenured professor, or a
graduate student or assistant professor. In any of those situations,
someone might work in a reference to Drummond and the spoiled
meat/spices theory to get it past a reviewer or senior department person
that held that theory strongly.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"But I am Dragonkiller, the least of my family, and if I have done a
great thing, then I must die of it." -- Robin McKinley