[Sca-cooks] Rotten meat and spices...

Dianne & Greg Stucki goofy1 at suscom.net
Thu Apr 14 14:01:22 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Speaker To Idiots" <pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com>
To: "Cooks within the SCA" <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Rotten meat and spices...

> This appears to be a common biological reaction. I couldn't eat sesame
> beef for years, my sister still can't handle the smell of butterscotch. If
> a food item makes you violently sick, your brain associates the sickness
> with the last thing you ate (whether or not it's right) to keep you from
> accidentally having the same problem again.

I knew I was pregnant when the smell of tomato-based foods made me violently
ill. And I love tomatoes.

Air fresheners and heavy perfumes give me a migraine headache, leading me to
wonder if they are really all that safe--I certainly try to avoid keeping
things that make me sick out of my house!

Now, I just ate a piece of cheese yesterday, after cutting off a few tiny
flecks of mold--but I cut WAY deep around it, and I wouldn't touch anything
else that might be moldy.

Laurensa