[Sca-cooks] "Custard" Crust?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Apr 15 20:07:32 PDT 2005

Also sprach Sue Clemenger:
>Modern mincemeat pies, which usually contain no meat, would be my
>contributory example....
>Or, for a more current source of this sort of morphing, how about
>some of the really weird fusion cuisines that America seems so prone
>to? I mean, beyond weirdities like cheeseburger pizza, and into
>improbable combinations that actually work.
>--maire, poking her head into the conversation

Okay. I'll see you and raise you... anything with "Alfredo sauce"
(often a vaguely allemande or supreme-ish kind of sauce, although
real fettucine Alfredo is a fettucine dish bearing the name of the
owner of a Roman restaurant which used to serve the noodles tossed
with just a touch of the cooking water, mucho butter --admittedly a
special white butter from a specific region-- and grated Parmigiano,
salt and pepper). Or how about shrimp scampi, which is a dish made
according to a recipe and presentation previously used for bay prawns
(scampi), and its philosophical cousin, shrimp with lobster sauce
containing no lobster...

Adamantius