[Sca-cooks] You know you are in the SCA when...(OT)

julian wilson smnco37 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 16 05:20:33 PDT 2005

Etain1263 at aol.com wrote:
I had a similar moment the other night at work. I was on the computer and
had to switch to another instrument...it flashed "device?"...and my first
thought was: "I didn' t know these things HAD devices! Who did the heraldry????"

REPLY
Etain,
that's absolutely lovely - it could so-easily have occurred to me, as well, since I'm in the middle of a Project to re-create our Island's local medieval heraldry [pre-1509] as 120 full-sized "shields of peace".

Yours in service,
Julian Wilson,
[aka. Messire Matthew Baker/Matthieu Besquer, Governor & Castellan of Jersey, 1486-1497: - "Si vis pacem, para bellum"]
late-medieval Re-enactor; & Historian and Master Artisan to
"The Companie of the Duke's Leopards",
[the only medieval living-history Group
in "olde" Jersey]