[Sca-cooks] Martino Corno's pasta recipe?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Apr 16 14:51:53 PDT 2005

I particularly enjoyed the version of this bumpf that had Martino working
for the Matriarch of Aquiliea.   A female prelate in the Roman Catholic
Church?

My take is Martino Corno is Maestro Martino de Rossi who authored Libro de
arte coquinaria (about 1464/65).  During his career, he was cook to
Fransesco Sforza of Milan, Ludovico Trevisano, the Patriarch of Aquiliea,
and Grandduke Giacomo Trivulzio.  He was a friend of Bartolemeo Sacchi
(Platina) and his recipes are incorporated into Platina's De honesta
voluptate (1474).

I think the Corno is a typographical error for Como, as Platina refers to
Martino as Martino of Como.

Bear