[Sca-cooks] Rotten meat and spices... (a few excerpts fromApicius)

Pat mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 17:30:35 PDT 2005

If you will check a later post I have on this subject, you will see that I do own a copy of Vehling, and that I didn't throw it out when I moved.  What I was trying to say to William was that I would not have chosen Vehling as my ONLY cookbook to take with me when I moved.  If I had to trim the list for space considerations, Vehling would have been the first I trimmed.  William had said he had other, more reliable authors in his collection.  I was wondering why he chose the least reliable of them as the only one he took with him.

Mordonna

el2iot2 at mail.com wrote:
Sorry, have to disagree with this. all works have a benefit, even if its one that tells you what is wrong with a period's thinking. As in Victorian ideas about sex and editing of anything that offended thier personal sensitivities.

joy