Cannibalism was: [Sca-cooks] Aging of meat

agora at algonet.se agora at algonet.se
Thu Apr 21 16:08:12 PDT 2005

The man-eater myth is an old myth but it's not scientifically confirmed cannibalism
was widespread. It's true than cannibalism was used in case of famines and in other
exceptional circumstances, as the Crusaders, where an army of 100000 people
needed food. They slaughtered Muslim babies and they used the meat as salt meat.
I am still working with my old project, "The Cruel Cookbook", where I write several
things about cannibalism.
I have a big reference library too, with a lot of books on these parrticular topic, tell
me if someone want a list of books.
Ana

PS: And the Eucharisty is a good example or ritual cannibalism.