[Sca-cooks] RE: Cannibalism , ritualistic or otherwise

agora at algonet.se agora at algonet.se
Fri Apr 22 04:41:51 PDT 2005

Thanks a lot, it was very strange, I did a search and the book didn't show  up.
Ana

On 22 Apr 2005 at 2:47, Huette von Ahrens wrote:

Yes, it does.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/041596699X/qid=111416316
0/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-7901262-9649562?v=glance&s=books

Huette

--- agora at algonet.se wrote:
> Thanks for the advice! Amazing, Amazon doesn't have this book.
> Weird...
> Ana
>
> On 21 Apr 2005 at 23:47, Johnna Holloway wrote:
>
> I won't wade into this subject because the literature is far too
> vast to be summed up in a series of e-mails, even on this list.
> There are several hundred books that are catalogued under the
> subject headings of Lord's Supper or the Eucharist. The subject
> includes books on Lord's Supper in Art, Lord's Supper Anglican
> Communion, Lord's Supper Baptists, Lord's Supper Bread, Lord's
> Supper (Canon Law)-- Oriental Catholic churches,
>
> There are 294 books alone on Lord's Supper Catholic Church.
> I suppose if one wants something to read you might start with
>  Consuming passions : the uses of cannibalism in late medieval and
>  early
> modern Europe / by Merrall Llewelyn Price.
> It's another expensive Routledge volume published in 2003.
> (No I don't own this one.)
> Bio for the author is at
> http://english.okstate.edu/faculty/fac_pages/price.htm
>
> The Table of CONTENTS for it lists these chapters:
>
> List of Illustrations
> Acknowledgments
> Chapter One: The Man-Eating Body
> Chapter Two: Corpus Christi: The Eucharist and Late Medieval
> Cultural Identity Chapter Three: Mass Hysteria: Heresy, Witchcraft,
> and Host Desecration Chapter Four: The Maternal Monstrous:
> Cannibalism at the Siege of Jerusalem Chapter Five: Teratographies:
> Writing the American Colonial Monster Notes Bibliography Index
>
> Library of Congress Subject Headings for this publication:
> Lord's Supper Catholic Church History Middle Ages, 600-1500,
> Cannibalism History To 1500,
> Lord's Supper Catholic Church History 16th century,
> Cannibalism History 16th century
>
> It seems to cover both topics.
>
> Hope this helps--
>
> Johnnae

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for
they shall never cease to be amused.