[Sca-cooks] Re: a question for horticulturists

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 23 15:56:39 PDT 2005

On 4/23/05 12:23 PM, "Huette von Ahrens" <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks everyone for the advice.  I was hoping that the tree would suddenly
> become a worthwhile
> fruit tree.  But I was obviously wishful fantasizing.  Oh well.  It still is a
> pretty tree.
> There aren't enough of the little fruitlings to do anything with, so I guess I
> will just
> cut them off.  Sigh.
>
> Hey, Selene!  Would you like to trade some plums for some apricots?  That is,
> when they ripen?
> My apricot tree is full of fruitlings again and will provide another bumper
> crop this year.
> I love the fruit, but when it innundates you as we have been for the past 20+
> years, one does
> start to crave other fruit.
>
> Huette

Sounds good to me.  ETA should be July sometime, I think.  Let's get some of
the other folks in on this, preferably tall ones like Jared and brewers like
Ingilborg to help.  I promise enough plums for everyone.  Our plums are
about 2 inches across, just barely too big to use a cherry pitter
unfortunately.  They cook up nice though.

Selene