[Sca-cooks] Re: a question for horticulturists

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 23 18:50:49 PDT 2005

--- Susan Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 4/23/05 12:23 PM, "Huette von Ahrens" <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks everyone for the advice.  I was hoping that the tree would suddenly
> > become a worthwhile
> > fruit tree.  But I was obviously wishful fantasizing.  Oh well.  It still is a
> > pretty tree.
> > There aren't enough of the little fruitlings to do anything with, so I guess I
> > will just
> > cut them off.  Sigh.
> >
> > Hey, Selene!  Would you like to trade some plums for some apricots?  That is,
> > when they ripen?
> > My apricot tree is full of fruitlings again and will provide another bumper
> > crop this year.
> > I love the fruit, but when it innundates you as we have been for the past 20+
> > years, one does
> > start to crave other fruit.
> >
> > Huette
>
> Sounds good to me.  ETA should be July sometime, I think.  Let's get some of
> the other folks in on this, preferably tall ones like Jared and brewers like
> Ingilborg to help.  I promise enough plums for everyone.  Our plums are
> about 2 inches across, just barely too big to use a cherry pitter
> unfortunately.  They cook up nice though.
>
> Selene

Well my apricots should be ripe in June, possibly May, depending on the weather.  If this
cool weather continues, it might be later.  Last year, with all the warm weather, they started
to ripen in May.  We will just have to play it by ear.

Huette

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for
they shall never cease to be amused.