[Sca-cooks] Happy Passover!

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 23 20:51:33 PDT 2005

> Anybody else doing the Passover thing,

Yes.  As usual, I went to my aunt and uncle's house.  They cooked a very
standard (and very yummy) Passover meal of matzo ball soup, pot roast,
kugel (sweet and savory), tsimmes, etc.

> and cooking anything interesting?

My niche in the family culinary ecology is baking, so I made a couple of
desserts: a sponge cake, and matzo caramel buttercrunch.
Both recipes were out of "Treasury of Jewish Holiday Baking" by Marcy
Goldman.  The second recipe can be found here:
http://www.clabbergirl.com/recipe.php?id=1165
I sprinkled it with chopped toasted hazelnuts.

--
Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
Robin Carroll-Mann *** rcmann4 at earthlink.net