[Sca-cooks] FWD: Reflections on cooking for the last few months

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 25 14:39:35 PDT 2005

On 4/25/05 2:30 PM, "Huette von Ahrens" <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Susan Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> That is lovely.
>>
>> A family of Armenian woodcarvers has a booth at our local farmers
>> market, largely dealing in cookery implements, wooden spoons etc. out of
>> fruit woods.  They feel so good, they have "soul" as the machine-chipped
>> ones don't.  I may have to go there and take some pictures for you.
>>
>> Selene
>
> Which farmers market?  How expensive are they?
>
> Huette

Sunday morning, ONEgeneration Encino Farmers Market, 17400 Victory Blvd.
between White Oak and Balboa.  Turn left when you enter the market and they
are several booths down on the left. Middling expensive for a wooden spoon
until you think about the hourly value of the workmanship.  They also do
combs and other tchachkes that would go well with the SCA ensemble.  I think
I want to head over there this Sunday, strawberries should be plentiful now.

http://www.localharvest.org/farmers-markets/M3716

Selene