[Sca-cooks] Re: virgin" cast-iron cookware - help, please

julian wilson smnco37 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 26 09:56:42 PDT 2005

she not <atamagajobu at yahoo.com> wrote: Some like it cold, some like it hot..I prefer to season/reseason by first heating the pan, then coating it with oil (use a brush or cloth to get it all over)and letting it cool down again, SNIP (This will definitely ensure the inside at least is well seasoned)

REPLY
Once again, TYVM to all those Listers who have contributed their expertise by sharing their experiences with seasoning cast-iron cookware. I have carefully copied all your messages, and passed-them-on to the Ladies of our Companie Commissary, where they have been gratefully received.

Yours in service,
Julian Wilson,
[aka. Messire Matthew Baker/Matthieu Besquer, Governor & Castellan of Jersey, 1486-1497: - "Si vis pacem, para bellum"]
late-medieval Re-enactor; & Historian and Master Artisan to
"The Companie of the Duke's Leopards",
[the only medieval living-history Group
in "olde" Jersey]