[Sca-cooks] Not so Virgin Cast Iron Question

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 13:10:59 PDT 2005

You need a smooth inner surface for cooking.  It would be soo much easier to get a new kettle than to sand that one.

Sounds to me like you have a planter.

Cordelia Toser

Wanda Pease <wandap at hevanet.com> wrote:
My brother just gave me a nice size cast iron kettle. Now I happen to love
cast iron for use around the mundane house. The problem is that this
particular pot was used to cover something outside and only recently
rescued. The interior bottom is badly pitted and rough. The question is:
Is it worth putting the scrubbing and possibly sanding with a disc sander
into this? Should I use it as a planter?

Regina