[Sca-cooks] Trivia: "Harry Potter And The Conspicuous Medieval Food Reference"

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Aug 9 05:13:42 PDT 2005

Hullo, the list!

Okay, so it's that time of year (i.e. Pennsic), when a young man's
heart turns to thoughts of Twinkies and Mario Nebbits.

So here I am, in the middle of my ambivalent but requisite reading of
the latest Harry Potter book, when I note that Hermione has just
referred to a medieval dish (and me caught unawares with all the
prior references to onion soup and treacle tart). A bottle of good-
luck potion and fifty points toward the House Cup for whomever can
tell me what, and under what circumstances, it is.

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04