[Sca-cooks] Feast

Jaime Declet jjdeclet at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 14:44:46 PDT 2005

I am preparing a feast for teenagers for my Library and I am wondering if my choices are too complicated (complicated is not really the word I want them to eat I guess) for non SCA teens.  Also I am looking for an easy beef recipe that could be appealing to non SCA teens.

Menu

First Remove

Grapes, celery carrots apples bread and butter

Second Remove

Greens, grapes, balsamic vinegar and olive oil and garlic (I am not sure if teens would be too keen on bitter salad since most of the period green were slightly bitter, correct?)

Third Remove

            Roasted Potatoes with sage and rosemary

            Roasted Chicken with sage an rosemary

Fourth Remove

            Rice Pilaf

            Beef dish???

Fifth Remove

            Fruit Pies Apple and cherry

            Shortbread and preserves

What do you think and if you have any suggestions they will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jaime

“Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.”