[Sca-cooks] period lettuce

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Aug 11 22:59:50 PDT 2005

>> Adele de Maisieres replied to Jaime Declet:
> > Greens, grapes, balsamic vinegar and olive oil and garlic (I am not
> > sure if teens would be too keen on bitter salad since most of the
> > period green were slightly bitter, correct?)
>
> Lettuce and spinach are period greens, and they make a good salad with
> some sliced cucumber, slivered almonds, etc.

A caution here. While lettuce is period, Iceberg lettuce isn't. A lot
of folks are going to assume that Iceberg lettuce is what is being
talking about unless you clarify this. Besides the other lettuces
taste better, and are probably better for you, than Iceberg lettuce. :-)

Anyone interested in this might want to look at some of our previous
discussions on lettuce.
lettuce-msg       (32K)  3/19/03    Lettuce in period. Recipes using
lettuce.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/lettuce-msg.html

Stefan
--------