[Sca-cooks] Barely barley or true grits

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Aug 17 13:41:53 PDT 2005

I came across my 2005 Bob's Red Mill catalog
last evening and I remembered that way back on June 23rd  Urtatim /
formerly Anahita sent
a long message about her search for barley grits.
She wrote then that--
"I've searched the web for barley grits for sale.
 I went through many pages of Google and only found a
couple commercial brands, among them Bob's Red Mill
Barley Grits/Meal and Arrowhead Mills Bits O Barley
Cereal. But in checking with my local Whole Foods
today, it appears the Bob's Red Mill doesn't have it anymore. "

Bob's catalog  does list
Barley Grits and they are on the website.
Barley Grits/Meal, tiny chunks of the barley grain,
can be substituted in recipes calling for grits or meal-hot breakfast
cereal
or in your favorite polenta recipe (the meal is slightly stickier than
cornmeal).
http://www.bobsredmill.com/catalog/index.php?action=showdetails&product_ID=59

If what you ordered from Whole Foods didn't work,
you might want to order them directly.

Hope this helps.

Johnnae