[Sca-cooks] Fun with cubebs ...

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 22 12:57:56 PDT 2005

Well, I have been experimenting with cooking with cubebs in mundane dishes.

I made a veal saute dish (chunks of veal, slices mushrooms, chopped onion). I had browned the meat with the onions, ground cubebs, white wine, salt, a little cinnamon, and a touch of black pepper. I added chicken broth, the mushrooms, fresh dill, and capers. I served it over saffron rice. The hubby said it was delicious.

Yesterday I made a mushroom risotto; I ground up cubebs instead of black pepper. I think I will be using cubebs from now on with this dish. The mundane friends I had made the dish for loved it, along with my pollo limone d'Agata (Agatha's Lemon Chicken from the book "Naples at Table").

Now to get in some long pepper!

Gianotta