[Sca-cooks] Re: Fun with cubebs

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 24 07:37:03 PDT 2005

Maire, you can come over to my place for dinner anytime! Just let me know if you ever are in the region of Philadelphia, Pa. I live north of the city in Bucks County, Pa., 20 minutes from Center City (I'm in the Shire of Buckland Cross).

Hey, that invite goes for anyone on this list!

You know, it never occurred to me to use a pepper mill for my cubebs. D'oh! I will now do that!

I'll be doing my first major cooking project for my shire in November; we're having a relaxed little Sunday event called "Persephone Goes to the Underworld." The plan is to do a hearty dayboard with medieval and Renaissance Italian dishes. I have to do dishes that can be heated up there, however, or served at room temp or cold because we don't have access to the kitchen facilities. Sigh. But that's OK; we have chafing dishes and crockpots aplenty.

Gianotta