[Sca-cooks] body piercings

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Aug 29 00:15:46 PDT 2005

  Gianotta commented:
> Otisto says:
> or worse, The male appendage design with almond milk running
> through it
> instead of the white wine. :0
>
> What really made me blink was the "studded" design on it ...
> particularly since I had visited the Mutter Museum in May and there
> were lots and lots of models of, erm, uh, "afflicted" male equipment.
> The studs put me in mind of these other things. Sorry! I've been
> looking at too many medical journals lately!

This comment, and the soteltie photograph, reminded me of body
piercings which seem to be all the rage these days.

Does anyone know if body piercings were practiced by any of the
cultures we study? I know that the Church frowned upon tattoos, so
they were not very common, and I imagine that the Church would say
the same thing about piercings. I do have some info on ear rings for
both males and females in period, but I'm thinking of other parts of
the body.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas