[Sca-cooks] Annie in NYC!

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 2 11:53:11 PDT 2005

Laura C. Minnick wrote:

> I just got a call from my older daughter, Annie, who just got of the
> plane in NYC and is ok and at her lodgings after her first plane ride
> in 15 years and first ever cab ride. She says "It's really big, mom!
> Really big! And I thought Seattle was big!" She also says it's really
> muggy, and the air smells funny and the sky is a different color...
>
> Anyway, she is there safely (I can exhale now) and she's planning to
> go exploring once whe's had a nap!
>
> Laura/'Lainie
>
> "Beware the leader who bangs the drum of war in order to whip the
> citizenry into a patriotic fervor. For patriotism is indeed a
> double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows
> the mind."
> ~Julius Caesar

She should have a grand time.  If she likes plays, etc., she should
visit TKTS in Times Square where she can get half-price tickets on the
day of the performance.  I've seen lots of great shows that way.  And,
of course, if she's interested in Medieval stuff, there's always the
Cloisters...it's 'way out in Queens, but well worth the trip!

Kiri