[Sca-cooks] OP: salsa sans capiscums?

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 4 19:11:18 PDT 2005

I would take Maire's salsa as below and then apply our Super Medieval
Knowledge to it!  Take every other spice with "bite" and bang it together in
a mortar and pestle, including but not limited to:

Black pepper
Cubebs
Grains of Paradise aka Malaqueta Pepper
Long Pepper - have you ever bitten down on one of these?  Ai-yi-yi!
Fresh Ginger

Plus those other "chili powder" favorites, cumin and garlic.

This should provide some "bite" for the capsicum-impaired.

Bon Appetit, Selene