[Sca-cooks] RE: Plums and Irish

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Sat Aug 6 19:25:32 PDT 2005

>From my understanding she is trying for Irish Norse feast. The Rus and the
Svea were in the Mediterranean but not the Irish.
Also, there was little contact between the Romans in Briton and the Irish.
If she is trying for Irish Norse then it is a very slim possibility for the
Irish to have plums (actually prunes).
I am not sure about the red plums.
And though Normandy seems to have the plums does not mean that the Irish had
them. Also, the Normans would have introduced the plum either a little
before or after 1066 (into England, not Ireland)and I think she is trying
for 1005.

Lyse