[Sca-cooks] Harry Potter Trailer OP OT

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Aug 9 06:08:51 PDT 2005

Used in an early ceremony of some sort, wasn't it?
--maire, who's got Pu in Latin, too
p.s.  I doubt it was the same Latin class ;-( --my first-year teacher
was this dried up old Jesuit with absolutely no sense of humor, and a
reasonably well-practiced dislike of women, although it was the young
men he thumped on the head with a little book when they got something
wrong.  Our Latin texts, lord help us, hadn't been updated since the
late 40s.  It was only later that I learned the Latin Hat Dance ;-D  I
liked my second and third years much better--got into Virgil, and
Catullus in year 2 (although my translation dictionary was a prude,
which made it hard with Catullus sometimes).  3rd year, which I didn't
finish, we were doing Horace.
I miss it, although if I were to be learning a language now, it'd be
Arabic....