[Sca-cooks] Recipes on Serena da Riva's website: was Feast

Lonnie D. Harvel ldh at ece.gatech.edu
Tue Aug 9 21:40:57 PDT 2005

Adele de Maisieres wrote:

>     Lonnie D. Harvel wrote:
>     http://www.loggiaserena.com/SCACookingPages/SCAFood.htm
>

> That recipe looks delectable.  The stew recipe looks good, too.

The recipe was redacted by THL Serena da Riva for the wonderful feast
she served at Midwinter Arts & Sciences back in February.  Other recipes
from her site that I strongly recommend are (I have cooked all but one
of these myself at home):

Asparagus Salat
Radish Salat
Mushroom Tarts
Herbed Beans (black-eyed peas)
Elegant Figs
Chicken in the Hungarian Style (had this at the feast, haven't made it
myself)
Cormarye (which is partly my base for a Roast Pork for an upcoming feast)
Lamb Knodel (absolutely wonderful. Don't let the length of the recipe
discourage you, it is worth the effort)
Cinnamon Tart (I used commercial pie crusts and it was still good.)

She also has several nice condiments and sauces there. Working from her
suggestions (and a nice conversation at Kingdom A&S), I created four
mustards that came out quite well. My daughters had fun with this.

There are many other wonderful recipes and good scholarship on this
site. These are just the ones that I have worked with. I can't help but
make some variations as I go, but the measurements in the recipes work
well and produce good results.

Thanks Serena!
Aoghann