[Sca-cooks] Feast

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 10 06:15:42 PDT 2005

Jaime Declet wrote:

>I idea came from the fact that we are serving 140 kids from ages 13 to 16. or so and they can be fickle if they do not recognize what is in front of them  Remember these are not SCA kids they are teens that finished the Teen summer reading program at my Library system and as a prize they have won the Honor of attending the feast.  Since the menu lacks the razzel and dazzle I am making several sculptures in bread and marzipan.
>

>Jaime
>

>Adele de Maisieres <ladyadele at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>Jaime Declet wrote:
>

>>I am striving to serve something that they are not going to find too foreign and not eat.
>>

>Yup-- I think you're hitting the mark in terms of ease and simplicity.
>I was just a bit baffled by the suggestion that you should serve
>"simpler" foods. What could be simpler than roast chicken, beef stew,
>and salad?

Sounds like a wonderful undertaking.  One thing I would suggest is
period gingerbread...don't have a recipe at hand at the moment, but I'm
sure that there's one in the Flory-thingey.   We served this at a demo
we did for a Girl Scout function...and it was a howling success.  I did
cut back a bit on the ginger and pepper as the period recipes can be a
little strong!

Kiri