[Sca-cooks] Beans, beans...

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Fri Aug 12 16:46:34 PDT 2005

Fasoli modernly usually means beans and usually red kidney beans but can
mean navy beans as well. example: Fasoli ke Milo Salata = Red bean and apple
salad.
But with some searching and also under fagioli, it could be chickpeas, fava,
lupine or hyacinth bean as these are to have existed prior to 1600s in
Tuscany region.
Take this with a grain of salt as I have not thoroughly researched this.
Lyse

Lyse