[Sca-cooks] Beans, beans...

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Aug 12 19:54:39 PDT 2005

The Medieval Kitchen by Redon, Sabban & Serventi
talks about "fasole or faseole. This was an African legume
belonging to the family Vigna and was very similar to the New
World Phaseolus vulgaris. The fasole has more or less
disappeared, but you can easily find its descendant: the black-eyed
pea."  page 94

Johnnae