[Sca-cooks] Aramco articles

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Sun Aug 14 22:25:44 PDT 2005

Johnnae mentioned:
> Looking into the coconut, I came across an archive of articles
> from Aramco World
>
> <>New World Foods, Old World Diet Written by Paul Lunde
> http://www.saudiaramcoworld.com/issue/199203/
> new.world.foods.old.world.diet.htm

Thank you for mentioning this archive. I was unaware of it.

For those of you unfamiliar with this magazine, it is a FREE magazine
put out by the Aramco oil company. I first started getting this
several years ago when it was mentioned on this list. Almost every
issue has an article or two of interest to those studying the
medieval period, even if your prime interest is not in the Middle
Eastern cultures. I remember a real good, recent article on roses,
for instance. Perhaps the one which Johnnae mentioned.

Considering that it is being paid for by Aramco, you might think that
it would be rather biased, but I really haven't seen much indication
of this.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas