[Sca-cooks] period potato soup

Micyalah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Mon Aug 15 09:16:48 PDT 2005

> >  Adele de Maisieres <ladyadele at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> > > I am a bit cinfused I recieved the recipe at an SCA feast
> and it is
> > > not the first time I have seen included in feast. Historically
> > > speaking there were potatoes in Europe in the 1500's. I
> do like the
> > > idea of the Losyns with the chicken.

We call Losyns "Kraftmans Dinner" up here. Gets the finicky eaters
moderately interested as they can identify the name with a food. :) That's
when you zing them with a little blurb as to exactly what KD was in the
middle ages.

Sure its sneaking up on an unsuspecting public, but sometimes that's all it
takes to wake someone's palate up.

Micaylah