[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Article

Pat mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 12:06:53 PDT 2005

I think the problem lies with the numbering system.  There was no Year 0, so Year AS 1 began on May 1, 1966 instead of ending on May 1, 1966.  Year AS X was from May 1, 1975 to May 1, 1976.  AS XL is from May 1, 2005 to May 1, 2006.

Mordonna

Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:
Except the date was May 1, 1965. I joined in Sept. 1974, which was AS IX. And my barony, The
Barony of the Angels was created in AS 5 (1970) and this September is our 35th Anniversary, for
which I cooking the luncheon. Of course, I first heard of the SCA at a LOSCON in 1968, when I was
16. A young man wanted to take me to Berkeley to an event, but backed out when he discovered I
was underage.

Huette