[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Article

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 17 16:52:24 PDT 2005

It was May 1, 1966.  Baroness Karina is still alive and kicking and attends
Angels events now and again, you can ask her.

> Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Except the date was May 1, 1965. I joined in Sept. 1974, which was AS IX. And
> my barony, The
> Barony of the Angels was created in AS 5 (1970) and this September is our 35th
> Anniversary, for
> which I cooking the luncheon.

Sigh.  There is no year zero.

AS  -  AD
1     1966
2     1967
3     1968
4     1969
5     1970

> Of course, I first heard of the SCA at a LOSCON
> in 1968, when I was
> 16. A young man wanted to take me to Berkeley to an event, but backed out when
> he discovered I
> was underage.
>
> Huette

Good trick.  LosCon began in 1975.
<http://www.loscon.org/history/index.html>

Did you perhaps attend Baycon, the combined Westercon/Worldcon that year at
the Hotel Claremont in Berkeley?  <http://www.westercon.org/list/>  Or else
the Westercon was in the LA area in 1967 and 1969, see the aforementioned
Westercon list.

Selene, tired old fan;  didja spot my name in the LosCon History?