[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Article

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 20:01:45 PDT 2005

Okay.  My memory for names isn't the best, so I consulted with Bjo, who tells me that the
convention that I went to was the first FILMCON.  It was held in July of 1968 at the Biltmore
Hotel, in downtown LA.  I was definitely 16.  I met a young man named Barry Gold.  He gave me my
first romantic kiss.  Then invited me to an event in Berkeley.  Then ran away when I told him that
I had to ask my parents permission as I was only 16.

Bjo also tells me that FILMCON was a precursor for her EQUICONs.

So, I can honestly say that I have never been to a LOSCON, WORLDCON, or WESTERCON.

Huette