[Sca-cooks] RE: Plums

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Sat Aug 20 01:46:51 PDT 2005

  Radei asked me (I think):
> You reference Cato, but do not make the distintion of which, the
> Elder or the Younger? just curious. thanx

I have no idea. I know I've heard the name "Cato" before, but I'm not
really sure who he was, much less that there were two of them. Were
they father and son? If so, it doesn't seem like the time difference
would make much difference on these plum references.

I would try contacting Baron Akim, whom I was quoting. He used to be
on this list, then could read it, but for some reason, not post. I'm
not sure if he is still monitoring it or not. I believe his email
address given in the article should still be correct. Or go look at
the actual article in the Florilegium, so you can get to the
footnotes, and see what the actual source says.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com