[Sca-cooks] RE: Plums

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Aug 20 20:09:14 PDT 2005

Cato the Younger is the great grandson of Cato the Elder.  Both men were
named Marcus Porcius Cato.

Cato the Elder (234-149 BCE), aka Cato the Censor, is the author of De
agricultura and is usually the Cato referenced on this list.  He is also the
origin of "Carthago delinda est."

Cato the Younger (95-46 BCE) is a noted Stoic and an opponent of Julius
Caesar.  He lost out when he supported Pompey and committed suicide.  Caesar
was killed about two years later.

Bear