[Sca-cooks] Shish Kabab ton-o-questions

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Sat Aug 20 02:12:56 PDT 2005

Helen Hawksworth asked:

> Now, part of the presentation is have the Head Table presented with
> Flaming Shish Kabab on fencing foils.
>
> Every book I can get my hands on is all
> European. the Greek one I have is all Americanized Modern Recipes.
> And the local librarians are not helpful....
>
> I know this is a slew of questions. I thank you for reading them. I
> also
> thank any of you who will respond. Your thoughts will be greatly
> appreciated!

My apologies if the files you've checked in the Florilegium include
these, but here are the ones I would look at. There is no file
specifically on shish kabobs because I've seen no discussion on them
or there wasn't enough evidence presented that they were period. You
might however, try the search engine, available from the top page of
the site, and see what comments on shish kabobs might be scattered
through the Florilegium. I would try several different spellings and
both with and without hyphens.

fd-Greece-msg     (20K)  5/ 6/04    Food of medieval Greece. references.
   ( not very big, since in the Middle Ages Greece was part of
Byzantine)
fd-Byzantine-msg  (37K)  5/22/05    Food of medieval Byzantine.