[Sca-cooks] Re: Shish Kabab ton-o-questions

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 14:53:31 PDT 2005

Apologies for not reading this whole thread before responding.  Someone else may well have covered this.  My Galen just got out of the hospital a couple days ago (in reality probably a week early), so I am doing double duty as nurse and trying to catch up on e-mail...

>From a purely mundane standpoint, if you want flaming, Bacardi 151 is your friend.  The higher alcohol content makes it the flaming choice of many professionals.  Also, as a choice of the palate, not from a period standpoint, I adore beef kebob.  I do like lamb, but love beef kebob.   Many folks do not care for lamb, and it is pricey.  Speaking mundanely once again, beef is at least a contemporary Middle Eastern delicacy because there are so few cows...

Samrah

Urtatim wrote:

[severly snipped, see I'm paying attention Papa Gunthar!]

But wine won't flame anyway. You need something
that's higher proof. I think vodka would taste
bad (and to me vodka has flavor, despite the myth
that it is flavorless). Brandy would probably be
decent.